The USAID/Lebanon LIFE project will strengthen livelihoods, advance the microfinance community, and expand inclusive finance, in order to improve economic opportunities for under-served entrepreneurs and recipients of microfinance services. The program will provide grants to microfinance institutions and local/international NGOs to provide business development services (BDS), vocational training, and direct livelihood grants/loans to Lebanese micro/small enterprises and entrepreneurs over the five-year life of the program.
- Strengthening livelihoods
- Advancing the microfinance sector
- Inclusive finance.
LIFE will accomplish this by:
- Supporting inclusive finance that will bring more clients into the financial ecosystem by promoting significant policy/institutional reforms and building the capacity of the Lebanese Microfinance Community through intensive technical assistance and targeted operational grants.
- Helping microfinance providers to expand their range of products and services to more vulnerable populations, particularly low-income women, youth, and the physically disabled in under-served peri-urban areas through demand driven technical assistance tailored for Microfinance partners.
- Supporting entrepreneurs and microenterprises to build their business capacity, access formal financial services, and establish sustainable livelihoods through business development services (BDS), vocational training, and direct livelihood grants.